Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Brown vs. Blue

Brown eyes.
Blue eyes.
The four eyes that remain constant.
Brown on blue.
Blue on blue.
Either scene, almost haunting.
Eyes are the window to the soul.
Eyes don't lie.
They speak, yet say nothing.
Smile, but show unbearable pain.
Putting my blue into your brown, I see the world.
Putting my blue into your blue, I see nothing but doors.
Doors that I cannot open.
Those blues of yours hold us back.
In either scene, blues remain the constant variable.
Whether eyes, or in the color of a uniform.
The color blue seems to be my downfall.
But the beauty of those blues and browns, whether mixed together or standing alone.
Gives me the vision of a brighter future.
The pain will cease.
For the chance to see the colors living happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment